gpsCompass DOES NOT work on the iPod Touch because it does not have GPS hardware on the device
To celebrate the new release of our handheld GPS application gpsPrime, we are temporarily reducing the price of gpsCompass. Get them both now at a great low price and get your navigation on!
gpsCompass has been newly updated to support the iPhone 3GS built-in magnetic compass and add a couple new compass styles.
On your iPhone 3GS, gpsCompass now uses the internal magnetic compass to provide the natural smooth movement of a floating compass. You can also switch back to satellite-based GPS compass that requires movement by pressing the Magnet/Satellite button in the lower left corner of the screen. This is helpful when traveling in a car, plane, or surrounded near other large metal or electronic devices that interfere with the magnetic compass signal.
In preferences, there is now an old-school Brass Compass for those serious navigators and there is a Rubber Chicken on a Plate for those looking for a little humor in their orienteering.
Know where you are and where you are going with this gpsCompass application for the iPhone 3G and 3GS.
Using Apple iPhone’s Location Services, this application displays a GPS compass and common GPS data fields to help you find your location and track your movement.
Want to let a friend know where you are? Send them your current location as a Google Map link. Friends with iPhones or other web enabled cell phones can use the map to get right to you.
Boaters and pilots can turn on nautical measurements. Reverse geocoding even provides the name of your current location. Surveyors can use gpsCompass to obtain State Plane readings. You can even customize the look to match your cars dashboard.
• GPS compasses
- standard 'Handheld GPS' compass
- 'Scout' compass
- 'Science Fair' compass
- 'Nautical Heading' compass
• GPS information
• Customizable data fields
• Metric or Standard measurements
• Terrestrial or Nautical measurements
• Decimal or DD°MM'SS" readings
• Trip Reset
• Send your location to a friend
• 21 data fields
Nearest Location, Accuracy, Altitude, Max Alt, Min Alt, Avg Alt, Heading, Latitude, Longitude, Odometer, Speed, Max Speed, Min Speed, Avg Speed, Moving Average, Timer, Vertical Speed, 4 State Plane Coordinate fields (US Only)
• DOES NOT work on the iPod Touch because it does not have GPS hardware on the device
• on an iPhone 3G, gpsCompass displays where you are heading in motion, not which direction you are facing - nothing can.
• on an iPhone 3Gs, gpsCompass leverages the built in magnetic compass hardware to give you a fluidly moving compass you expect
• gpsCompass does NOT require 3G or any network connectivity to do most of its features. Only reverse-geolocating (human readable name from Lat/Lon) requires it. It works great at sea!
altitude, biking, cache, camping, canoeing, car, compass, drive, driving, elevation, fishing, flying, geo, geocaching, golfing, gpsPrime, GPS, hiking, hunting, jog, jogging, kayaking, latitude, longitude, navigation, orienteering, pedometer, pilot, plane, run, running, skiing, snowboarding, speed, surveying, trail, travel, velocity, walk, walking